Licensed Acupuncturist, Master of Science in Oriental Medicine
"My intention is to help you tap into your body’s own healing energy so you feel better immediately and also achieve long term wellness. My patients experience reduced stress, better sleep, improved mood, and less pain and disease with regular acupuncture and herbal support. The consistent results and connecting with people daily are why I love this medicine and my work."
Raised in a family of physicians and nurses, Amie was a student of health and healing at an early age. A major ski injury and surgery led her to acupuncture and ultimately convinced her to leave her corporate career to study eastern medicine. For over 20 years Amie has successfully treated thousands of patients for simple to complex medical conditions in her private practice and medical clinics in California and Colorado. She believes lasting health comes from inspired daily movement & exercise, whole foods nutrition, finding your tribe, and a personal commitment to bringing more love and joy into your life. Amie's specialties include pain relief, sports medicine, stress reduction and facial rejuvenation. She also teaches meditation classes, coaches athletes, leads retreats, and is the co-founder of Tamalpais Community Acupuncture in Marin County.
In addition to her passion for holistic medicine, Amie enjoys mountain biking, skiing, yoga, international travel & philanthropy, food blogs, camping, and exploring the world with her two daughters. She creates regular time to play and relax so she has optimal energy and focus to give you, her client.
- Southwest Acupuncture College, Boulder, CO - Masters of Oriental Medicine
- University of Colorado, Boulder, CO - B.A., Political Science & Philosophy
- Nationally Licensed Acupuncturist & Herbalist, NCCAOM Certified
- Advanced Training in Functional Medicine, Standard Process and Metagenics
- Sports Acupuncture Associate at Vail Integrative Medical Group, Vail, CO
- Physical Therapy and Sports Medicine Intern with Asher Clinic-Larkspur, Mark Plaatjes- PT, John Stebbins- DOM
- Facial Acupuncture therapist, Evergreen Health Club & Spa
- Intern, Beijing International Acupuncture Training Center and Sino-Japanese Friendship Hospital, China
- Advanced energy work with Four Winds Society and Foundation for Spiritual Development
- Cranio-sacral Therapy Certification, Bastyr University
- Traditional Japanese Toyohari Acupuncture Certification
“My intention is to awaken the part of you that knows how to get well and stay well. I will help you relieve pain and discomfort, increase your energy, reduce stress and create a foundation for your continued health and happiness. I love what I do and my heart is full of gratitude each day I set foot in the clinic.”
Chalita grew up in a Buddhist household where as a young child she was forced to meditate almost nightly. Although it felt like a chore and a bit of an embarrassment (she just wanted to be “normal” like the other kids) it served her well and ultimately led her to become an acupuncturist.
Chalita has been practicing for 15 years and has the passion, experience and commitment to help people like you live a more balanced and healthy life.
She successfully treats a wide variety of conditions including pain, fertility, stress related syndromes, mood disorders, and immune system deficiencies. The only thing she requires of you is a genuine interest in participating in your health and well-being.
Chalita’s dream is to become a miracle healer, where she can walk into a room, put a few needles in and her patients are instantly healed! She enjoys exploring what makes her heart sing, and that currently involves making art, writing poetry, and studying metaphysics and spirituality. She loves travelling with her family and lives in San Rafael, CA with her husband and two children.
- Northwestern University, B.A., Economics and Applied Mathematics, 1997
- Management Consultant, A.T. Kearney
- Academy of Chinese Culture and Health Sciences, MSTCM, 2004
- Private Acupuncture Practice, Mill Valley
- Contributing Acupuncturist, Mindful Fertility Project
- Student, Foundation for Spiritual Development
- Volunteer Acupuncturist, Charlotte Maxwell Center
- Acupuncturist, Quan Yin Heailng Arts Center