When you forgive,
you heal your own anger and hurt
and are able to let love lead again.
It’s like spring cleaning for your heart. ~ Marci Shimoff
Spring is here - a perfect time of year to clean your home, your diet and to let go of all things you don’t need or that don’t serve you any longer. In this time of fresh starts and new beginnings have you also thought about letting go of your emotional baggage?
You will never be in a peaceful state if you are holding resentment and anger about things that have happened in the past and continue to rob you of your peace in the here and now. When you make others responsible for your lack of happiness it takes away your own internal light and power. Forgive.
I know, I know, forgiving isn’t easy.
Conventional forgiveness is the hardest type and rarely works, at least initially. Asking yourself to let someone off the hook for their wrong doings to you and others can feel a bit like condoning their hurtful words and actions. But there is a different type of forgiveness I recommend and it’s really made a huge difference in my own life. Radical Forgiveness is a simple step-by-step process that is extremely effective. It provides tools that enable you to quickly release whatever negative charges and energies you are holding onto with people or situations. I suggest you read the book if you want a more detailed description of the process but it goes something like this:
1. Write your “victim story” and describe what happened
2. Feel your feelings that arise from the story
3. Collapse the story into different characters who are all playing a role in your life (people you actually had soul contracts with to do so)
4. Reframe the story so you witness the lessons and gifts you have learned from your experience with these people and events.
5. Integrate your new story. This is where you internally thank those who have harmed you for what they’ve done to help you grow and evolve on your own spiritual, emotional and physical path.
Try out this process with someone who has hurt you and let me know what you experience. Radical forgiveness can be just what you need to raise your vibration and heal your body, mind and soul- and put a spring into your step!