According to the Chinese calendar, 2015 is The Year of the Sheep (also known as the year of the goat or the ram.) Fortunately, it is a favorable year for all the Chinese zodiac signs. This Chinese New Year 2015 begins on February 19th, 2015 and goes through February 7th, 2016.
Sheep year is a time to heal after the chaos of 2014's Horse year. Many astrologists agree that the intense conditions of the past few years are wrapping up, and that we are now finally ushering in a period of peace, hope, and stability. Phew! Now is the time to value family, intimacy and close friendships. We can be more caring, kind and sensitive with ourselves and those around us. Focus on cultivating a gentle heart, open to love and accepting yourself and others without judgment.
Another theme of the Sheep year is the expression of your creative side. This is a great opportunity to explore art, creativity and the cultivation of beauty. If you ever wanted to show your creative side, this is your year! Do not give up, be pessimistic or become discouraged because Sheep can only move forward. (This animal is unable to move backwards or sideways.) Sheep year is most fortunate for Sheep, and for Sheep's most compatible signs-- Rabbit, Horse and Pig. Sheep correlates to the Western sign of Cancer.
Simple Self Love Exercise
- Sit in a quite place and close your eyes.
- Take 3-5 deep breaths, exhaling through your mouth.
- Place your right hand over your heart.
- Imagine, feel or visualize a younger version of yourself sitting in your heart (I like to use my 8 year old self).
- Repeat "I love you" as many times as you'd like.
- Do this daily for 30 days, and let me know what changes you notice in your life!